Video marketing continues to skyrocket as one of the most popular marketing tactics to leverage. While small businesses may shy away from video as a tactic they don’t feel is necessary or effective, the facts about video marketing are quite eye-opening. Here are a few facts that you need to know about small business video marketing.
The volume of videos being watched is stunning
Wordstream recently put out an article showcasing the statistics of video marketing. Below are a few stats from their list about the sheer volume of videos being watched:
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
That last bullet should have gotten your attention. Video marketing contributes to revenue!
Video captures attention better than text
WireBuzz CEO Todd Hartley knows a thing or two about video. WireBuzz has generated millions of dollars of revenue for clients with data-driven video marketing so when he talks about the value of video, people listen. Hartley stated that people have short attention spans, so videos are an ideal way to make an impact in a very short period of time. Below are a few statistics about how people interact with videos today:
- When browsing the web, people are four times more likely to watch a video than they are to read text.
- People are likely to stay on a website with video twice as long as usual.
- People process information 60,000 times faster by watching video than by reading text.
- People are 144% more likely to buy after watching a video.
- People are 3 times more likely to share a video than they are to share text.
Again, the last bullet in particular is powerful! Imagine having site visitors help market your company by sharing your content. What small business owner doesn’t want that?
Video is exceptionally impactful on social media
Social media is a tremendous marketing tool for small businesses. Video makes it even more powerful! Check out these few fun facts about video on social media:
- Facebook generates 8 billion video views on average per day
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year
- Video posts on Facebook have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts
- People spend 3 times longer watching a live social video compared to one that has been prerecorded
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined
1200% more shares!
Video marketing creates more engagement
Forbes recently did an article on video marketing and the consumer engagement impact. Here are a few stats:
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others
- Video marketing creates stronger customer engagement
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rates
- 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days
As one of the fastest-growing and most in-demand forms of marketing out there, video marketing stands out as one thing all marketers should be using right now. If you’re a small business and have yet to dip your toe in into the world of video marketing, now is a good time to get started. Find a reputable small business marketing professional to help you create a marketing strategy for your small business video marketing efforts. They’ll help you decide what kinds of videos you should do, such as customer testimonials, tutorial videos or demonstration videos. They can also help you with what to do after you create your first video. Don’t miss out on this powerful marketing tactic!
- Is Blogging Still Important to Small Business Marketers? - March 29, 2023
- Starting a Marketing Strategy for Your Small Business - March 1, 2023
- These are the Marketing Conferences You Should Check Out in 2023 - February 1, 2023